There are countless businesses out there that will offer to take your vehicle from point A to point B. A simple Google search will return dozens of options in seconds! However, choosing the right company to work with is often easier said than done. When it comes to moving your vehicle, you want to make sure you are using a trusted, safe and secure option, one that guarantees that your investment is well protected.
How Do You Choose Between Enclosed Auto Transport Companies?
The first step is simple—narrow your options. Do your research and pick out a few companies to compare. Then, ask the following questions:
- Do they specialize in enclosed transportation and storage of high-end, luxury, and exotic vehicles? You don’t want to trust your investment to a company that views luxury car transport as a side-note. You want someone who specializes in this type of transportation and will help you understand the process.
- How long have they been in business? There are many fly-by-night operations that spring up everyday. These are random, individual operators that may not know the difference between hauling horses and hauling something with serious horsepower. In this case experience is the best teacher. You want to choose a company that has been taking care of exotic cars for years and know what they are doing.
- Are they a licensed carrier? Will they be in charge of every detail from door to door? Or is it a broker? We recommend using a licensed carrier that will work with you from start to finish instead of a broker that will hand off the deal to a third party shipper. When you go to the carrier direct you can be sure that your point of contact will be the same friendly person throughout the process. Should an issue arise, you will know exactly who to call. To that end, will you be able to get a hold of them when you need them?
- Do they offer 24/7 support? If you have questions or concerns will you be able to reach your carrier? If they are hauling your prized exotic vehicle, you want that answer to be a resounding YES.
- How much insurance do they carry? The U.S. Department of Transportation requires all enclosed auto transport companies to carry liability and cargo insurance. The industry standard is $50,000 but some carriers may carry less. Do they carry enough to cover the expense of your vehicle should something happen?
- Do they have references? Can they vouch for their claims of service and reliability? Ask around, check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints or patterns of misconduct. Ask the company for references and see how they compare to each other.
These are just some basic guidelines for questions to ask when comparing enclosed auto transport companies. You may have specific questions that pertain to your particularly transport needs. Don’t hesitate to ask all the questions you need to obtain a comfort level with the company that you chose. You want to make sure the company that you chose is able to answer all of these questions and any more you might have.
Do you want to know how JP Logistics stands up to the competition? Visit our FAQ page to see how JP Logistics answers these questions and more!